The year 2012 has shaped WebEngage and we’ll remember it as such. We couldn’t have asked for more. Here’s a quick rundown of some significant updates from the year –
- WebEngage was launched in Oct, 2011 and we put a price tag on the product in Jan, 2012.
- Customers complained about an erratic behavior of our survey targeting for Quora visitors. It was an engineering mistake by Quora. We blogged. The post trended on HN and other platforms. Quora had to finally fix the issue. The hacker world took a note of our existence post this event. We loved it!
- Starting with The Startup Center, we extended our olive branch to a whole bunch of early stage companies by offering them free subscriptions of WebEngage. We continue to live up to our promise.
- Our search for a mascot begins. Months later we found one. Yeah, CROW it is!
- First big milestone – 1000 customers reached in Mar, 2012.
- The feedback tab gets shinier and multi-lingual.
- The WebEngage WordPress Plugin got a whole lot better.
- From 30 days to 14 days – we reduced the duration of free trial period for all paid plans in May, 2012. Reasons here.
- This has to be the BIGGEST event for WebEngage in 2012 – launch of Notifications in Jun, 2012.
- We raised our seed round from GTI Capital in Jul, 2012. Blume Ventures participated in a secondary purchase. Yeah, the company gets cash rich :-).
- We quickly scaled. Served 100 million widget requests in Aug, 2012. A DNS glitch occurs on our end in Oct, 2012. Lessons learnt the hard way.
- The company turned 2 and WebEngage turned 1. We celebrated. And, in another BIG milestone, we launched a new version of our website. We bagged all the leading e-commerce and travel players as customers. Check out some of our customers and testimonials.
- Feedback product gets a major face-lift. File attachment support in replies amongst other features were rolled out in Nov, 2012.
- Our payment partner, 2Checkout, disappoints us. Mastercard payments (new and recurring) were being declined. We suffered huge losses. The issue still continues to haunt us from users in certain geographies including India :-(.
- We simplified the on-boarding process for WebEngage. The outcome has been fabulous.
- Another feather in the cap – Notification product gets a major upgrade, with release of Custom Targeting, customers are now addressing the problem of cart abandonment like never before. The feature is selling like a hot cake.
- 5000th customer signed up in Dec, 2012. Dream come true moment for us.
This is it. We look forward to an eventful 2013. We have set course for a much BIGGER journey. With you, it will be fun. If you haven’t already, do come on-board – this is one ride you don’t wanna miss .. 🙂
Stay tuned. We love you!
P.S: In case you missed, we are offering FREE t-shirts for all paid plan sign-ups till the 31st of Jan, 2013. Details here.