Headout is an on-demand marketplace that helps travelers and locals discover & book the most incredible tours, activities, events & local experiences through its website or mobile app.
Founded in 2014 by Suren Sultania, Varun Khona, and Vikram Jit Singh, Headout’s mission is to help travelers and locals across the globe discover and book high-quality local experiences at the last minute at discounted prices.
Currently serving 50+ cities worldwide, Headout ties up with local service providers to deliver an unparalleled experience to more than 3 billion travelers.
Adopting the right marketing automation platform that meets Headout’s expectations
To provide best-in-class experiences to travelers spread across geographies, the team at Headout decided to adopt WebEngage’s marketing automation platform to:
- Get a unified view of each user
- Build campaigns with shorter execution and testing cycles
- Engage with global users in their preferred language
- Convert anonymous visitors into customers
- Maximize experience bookings
- Improve the post-purchase experience for better user retention
- Obtaining user data from anonymous visitors
- Contextually reaching out to abandoners at scale
- Massive tech dependency to deliver data-backed campaigns
- Timely and contextual communication to capture email leads
The Customer Success team (CSM) at WebEngage understood the goals and challenges thoroughly. They suggested team Headout leverages on-site surveys to capture email leads on the website. The aim is to grab users’ attention before they exit the blog page and encourage blog visitors to subscribe to the blog by sharing their email address.
To maximize the effectiveness of on-site surveys, the Headout team has created dynamic segments and configured custom targeting rules on the WebEngage dashboard to exclusively target the desktop users and successfully capture the email leads.
- Data-driven, localized user engagement at scale
To encourage abandoners to complete their purchase, the team Headout has created hyper-personalized email campaigns using the WebEngage Journey Designer. Headout sends contextual emails by mapping the right user attributes like language, product type, etc. and encourages abandoners to book an experience.
- Automated, timely, and personalized user engagement campaigns
To improve the post-purchase experience of the users, the Headout team has created automated workflows using WebEngage’s Journey Designer. The aim is to target users who have booked an experience on the platform and send personalized audio guides in their preferred language to help them explore new places and experiences with ease.
Headout has been able to deliver unique and memorable travel experiences at scale with hyper-personalized user engagement. This has helped the team at Headout to maximize bookings on the platform and boost overall revenue.