Greetings from WebEngage!
We hope you’re having a great experience with WebEngage. We’re excited to introduce new features on the dashboard. 😀
Integrate Xiaomi and Huawei push services for better impression rates
You can now integrate Xiaomi and Huawei as additional push providers directly from the dashboard. Utilizing these enhanced delivery options would significantly improve impression rates for Xiaomi and Huawei devices.
- FCM integration is still mandatory for sending app push notifications.
- Users installing your app via Huawei’s AppGallery would be unreachable on app push for now.
The WebEngage system intelligently decides the best channel to send a campaign to the user, depending on their past activity. “Best Channel” is an intelligent user attribute that can be used for segmentation and journeys, the value of which would be refreshed periodically.
Here are some ways to utilize this new intelligent user attribute:
- Use “Best Channel” as a condition in your segments to send targeted campaigns.
- Analyze the distribution of “Best Channel” for all users, or for users belonging to a live segment.
- Check the user’s “Best Channel” before sending them a campaign via Journeys/Relays.
- View the value of “Best Channel” for a specific user profile to test and debug.
Read our knowledge base for more details.
This feature is currently access-controlled, and you can reach out to your CSM or email@example.com to get this enabled for your account.
In continuation to our private release of Catalog and Recommendation Engine in February 2022, we have now introduced the option to upload your Catalog data directly from the dashboard.
The catalog file must be in a CSV format. You can do a direct one-time upload of the Catalog via the dashboard, or you can do a periodic upload (daily/weekly/monthly) via Amazon S3.
Support for periodic uploads via FTP/SFTP will be added soon, along with support for XML file format.
Interested in knowing more about how you can leverage the Catalog and Recommendation engine for your business? Here are some commonly adopted high-impact use cases.
This feature is currently access-controlled, you can reach out to your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org to get this enabled for your account.
Mobile SDK Updates
- React Native SDK updated to v1.2.12
Added handling for push callbacks in the killed state for Android and iOS
- WebEngage Segment SDK for iOS updated to v1.2.1
Removed dependency on ‘name’ for capturing other information (email, gender, etc.)
Service provider updates
You can now seamlessly integrate ICS with WebEngage to send SMS campaigns.
Relays- use system user attributes for mapping
You can now map system user attributes (example: Postal Code) to your business event to trigger a Relay.
Hope you start making the most of these features and enjoy using them as much as we enjoyed developing them for you! We have some important and major features releases in the pipeline. Stay tuned for more! 😀